Things to do around Yorkshire
- Xscape Castleford: You’ll probably need several trips here! Rock climbing, skiing, snowboarding, cosmic golf, laser quest, skateboarding and more!
- Bradford Ice Arena: You may not find an Ice Rink in Leeds so head to Bradford
- Alhambra Theatre Bradford: A lot of major West End and other shows will tour here!
- Laser Zone Bradford and Huddersfield: For the ultimate laser quest experience.
- Laser Tag Brighouse and Wakefield: An outdoor alternative to laser quest that doesn’t hurt like paintballing
- Meadowhall Sheffield: For the shoppers.
- Lightwater Valley Theme Park: Located in Ripon, ideal for tight budgets that can’t accommodate Alton Towers.
- Flamingo Land: A Theme Park AND a Zoo
- Yorkshire Sculpture Park: For the artsy amongst you, lots of open-air modern and quirky exhibitions.
Towns and Cities
- Bradford: Just for the curry
- Harrogate: Picturesque North Yorkshire town. Be sure to visit Betty’s Café Tea House for a nice cup of tea.
- York: A beautiful, historic city, complete with cobbled streets.
- Sheffield: Venture down to South Yorkshire to visit Yorkshire’s other major city.
- Scarborough: Known as the queen of the Yorkshire coast, enjoy a walk along her beach.
- Otley: Served by the X84 limited stop direct bus service to Otley, Ilkley and Skipton, stop off to visit a true Yorkshire village.
- Ilkley: Home to Ilkley Moor, put on your walking boots and take in the amazing views of the Yorkshire countryside.
- Skipton: Visit Skipton Castle for some casual history.
- Haworth: Home to the Brontë sisters and at the edge of the Pennine Moors in Brontë Country.
- Grassington: The nearest village to Leeds within the beautiful Yorkshire Dales National Park.